It’s here! Terrence Linden has released the final update about the grid merge. Let the dramatics begin! Joking of course.
The basic summary is…
For 13- to 15-year-olds:
- 13- to 15-year-old Residents will be restricted to the estates of a sponsoring institution.
- These Residents will not have access to inworld search or our Web-based Marketplace.
For 16- and 17-year-olds:
- 16- and 17-year-old Residents will have access to all SL regions rated General (i.e., containing content appropriate for all ages), on the Mainland and private islands.
- These Residents will not be able to enter Moderate- nor Adult-rated regions, even if they have payment information on file and/or have used our Web-based identity verification system.
- These Residents will be able to communicate fully with and befriend all other users on the Main Grid. This includes local chat and IM.
We will also be transferring in early January after the holidays. Also, for those of you who haven’t kept up with other updates, no you will not be losing any of your land. LL will be transferring all active teen grid simulators over to the main grid. In fact, when you log in after the merge, most likely, you will tp into a teen grid sim, in the same place as it always was. Just now, you can explore the main grid.
It’s coming down to about a month and a half before we make this huge leap. This blog will probably pick up more after the merge. Until then, have fun with the remainder of your time in teen second life.